Update: My experience with getting a job post BK

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Update: My experience with getting a job post BK

I filed CH 7 in September 2010 and received 3 job offers January 2011. My CH 7, ongoing foreclosure, judgement for $10K+ and other serious delinquencies on my credit report meant very little to all three employers.

One of the companies was a Fortune 100 Telecommunications company. The position I took was with a small consulting company with 60 employees. My current boss asked me about my ch7 but only wanted to verify it was correct and understand a little about what happened. My current boss let me know I was through the background processes after he knew about the ch7 but prior to our conversation about it. It was never a deal breaker. The other two companies never brought it up during the background process.

I currently have a company sponsored credit card with a $5,000 limit. My two cents, if you work in the telecommunications or tech fileds, don't worry about the BK or your credit impacting your ability to get hired. I can't speak for other sectors but my guess is unless you are in banking or around cash your are ok.

Best of luck to you all.

Congrats, hamburgler.

btw, LOVE your username.
    There are two secrets for success in life:
    1.) Never tell everything you know.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
    Working...
    X